Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: JI Burton Girls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Saluki86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2010
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    JI Burton Girls

    Does anyone think they will lose this year?:doh:

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Saluki86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2010
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    I think they can do it. They seem focused and on a mission.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    I hope they go all the way and finish the season undefeated. I would imagine this is the first Burton team to go undefeated thru the regular season but not 100% sure on that. I think Coach Goforth has done a magnificent job with the girls program at Burton and wish them the best of luck the remainder of the season.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    Going undefeated in basketball is a heckuva feat. I'll never forget the 30-0 bunch from JJK. Here's hoping the Raiders make some noise upstate
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #5
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    Hey, after they have gone this far, hope they stay undefeated. Kind of funny. I taught both Goforth and Stevie and they both hated Norton way back when. They have done a good job with the girls program.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    If any basketball team in the Region has a solid chance at a state championship, it will probably be the Lady Raiders.

    I think it will be a bit of long shot though. Like the Appy boys, the biggest weakness for the team will be the depth of the roster. Burton has a really good starting team, but the level drops off quite a bit on the bench. If Miller or Forney were to get into foul trouble early in the game, the odds decrease greatly,

    Quote Originally Posted by Saluki86 View Post
    Does anyone think they will lose this year?:doh:
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member fatherof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2009
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post Re: JI Burton Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcgrad View Post
    If any basketball team in the Region has a solid chance at a state championship, it will probably be the Lady Raiders.

    I think it will be a bit of long shot though. Like the Appy boys, the biggest weakness for the team will be the depth of the roster. Burton has a really good starting team, but the level drops off quite a bit on the bench. If Miller or Forney were to get into foul trouble early in the game, the odds decrease greatly,
    I hope the Burton girls does win state. It would be great for our area. As far as Appy goes, I hope they do good as well, but I think Castlewood has the best shot on the boys side from our area.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    I was at work talking with a lady whose daughters play for DB, it got me thinking
    in the last 10 years, these 5 girls on one team would be a beast Roshonna Jackson, LaShay Collier, Rachel and Sarah Helton and Miller who is a Burton now.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    thats a pretty good list of players.
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JI Burton Girls

    Earlier in the season, one of the local coaches commented that this is the best [girls] basketball team he has seen in the last 25 years. That would take us back to about 1985 when Clintwood won the first of their two state championships.

    I'm not sure I would say this is the "best" team in the last 25 years, but they would have to be near the top of the list.

    If the Lady Raiders are destined for a state championship, I think it probably has to be this year.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •